Financial Assistance Banner
INJECTAFER Savings Program Tab Contnet
Injectafer is the only IV iron with a copay assistance program.*
Here's how much eligible,† insured patients may save on Injectafer
- Assistance of up to $500 per dose with a maximum benefit of up to $1000 per course of treatment (2 doses)
- Enrollment is valid for 2 courses of treatment (4 doses) per 12-month period
For each course of treatment:
Is your patient eligible?†
Has commercial insuranceOR
Pays for treatment with cash
Has Medicare, Medicaid, or other federal or state healthcare insuranceOR
Has private indemnity or HMO insurance that reimburses patients for the entire cost of prescription drugsOR
Is Medicare-eligible and enrolled in an employer-sponsored health plan or medical or prescription drug benefit program for retirees
Register your office and activate your POS terminal by calling the IV Iron Hotline (1-866-4-DSI-NOW)
- The IV Iron Hotline will provide you with a login for injectafercopay.com
- Activation of the POS terminal may take up to 1 business day
- Registration and activation only need to be completed once
Before administering Injectafer, enroll your patient
- Log in here (you can also enroll the patient at 1-866-4-DSI-NOW)
- Enter required patient information
- For each patient, you’ll receive a 16-digit code for a virtual debit card upon approval
After treatment, log in and submit EOB form
- Log in here
- Submit the Explanation of Benefits (EOB) form for the Injectafer treatment
- There are 3 ways to send the EOB form§:
Upload here★ Best way to submit EOBs and manage all patients OR
Fax to 1-888-257-4673OR
Injectafer Savings Program
100 Passaic Ave, Suite 245
Fairfield, NJ 07004
- It usually takes 2-3 days for EOB to be approved
- Then, funds will be uploaded onto the virtual 16-digit debit card
*As of October 2019.
†The Injectafer Savings Program is only available for adults 18 years or older who are commercially insured or cash-paying patients. Please see full Terms and Conditions.
‡Insurance out-of-pocket payment must be over $50. Other restrictions may apply.
§When forms are uploaded to injectafercopay.com, the process may potentially be expedited. For patients who wish to directly submit their EOB form, please direct them to fax or mail the form to the Injectafer Savings Program.
Abbreviation: POS, point of sale.
Injectafer Savings Program Terms and Conditions
- This offer is valid for commercially-insured as well as cash paying patients.
- Depending on insurance coverage, eligible insured patients may pay no more than $50 for Injectafer for the first dose and $0 for Injectafer for the second dose, up to a maximum savings limit of $500 per dose, a $1,000 program limit per course of therapy. Check with your pharmacist or healthcare provider for your copay discount. Patient out-of-pocket expense may vary.
- This offer is not valid for patients enrolled in Medicare, Medicaid, or other federal or state healthcare programs, or private indemnity or HMO insurance plans that reimburse you for the entire cost of your prescription drugs. Patients may not use this card if they are Medicare-eligible and enrolled in an employer-sponsored health plan or medical or prescription drug benefit program for retirees.
- The offer is valid for 2 courses, or 4 doses, of an Injectafer prescription. An explanation of benefits statement must be faxed in prior to transacting on the account numbers for assistance. One enrollment is allowed per 12-month period.
- Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. reserves the right to rescind, revoke, or amend this offer without notice.
- Offer good only in the USA, including Puerto Rico, at participating pharmacies or healthcare providers.
- Void if prohibited by law, taxed, or restricted.
- This account number is not transferable. The selling, purchasing, trading, or counterfeiting of this account number is prohibited by law.
- This account number is not insurance.
- By redeeming this account number, you acknowledge that you are an eligible patient and that you understand and agree to comply with the terms and conditions of this offer.
- Qualified patients receiving Injectafer will be allowed a 60-day retroactive enrollment period to receive benefits under the program rules.
Q: What is the Injectafer Savings Program?
A: The Injectafer Savings Program helps patients being treated with Injectafer with their prescription out-of-pocket responsibility.
Q: Is the Injectafer Savings Program only valid on Injectafer prescriptions?
A: Yes, the program can only be used toward a patient's prescription out-of-pocket responsibility for the Injectafer medication.
Q: How much can a patient save?
A: The program helps with up to $500 per dose after the patient has paid the first $50 of his or her out-of-pocket prescription responsibility for the first dose and $0 for the second dose. A patient can save a maximum benefit of up to $1000 per course of treatment (2 doses). Enrollment is valid for 2 courses of treatment (4 doses) per 12-month period. The first dose of the second course may cost as little as $50.
Q: Which patients are eligible to participate?
A: Eligible patients are 18 years or older. Commercially insured as well as cash-paying patients are eligible to enroll. Patients with drug coverage under any federally funded healthcare program, including but not limited to Medicare, Medicaid, TRICARE, or other state-funded programs (collectively FHCP), will be ineligible to participate.
Q: If I recommend additional therapy with Injectafer, can my patient still use the program?
A: Yes, if you recommend additional treatment with Injectafer, the program will help cover your patient's prescription out-of-pocket responsibility. The offer is valid for 2 courses, or 4 doses, of an Injectafer prescription. An explanation of benefits statement must be faxed in prior to transacting on the account numbers for assistance. One enrollment is allowed per 12-month period.
Q: How does the Injectafer Savings Program work?
A: An interested patient can visit the Savings Program website and enroll in the program. Following confirmation of eligibility, an Injectafer Savings Program virtual debit card number will be issued to the patient; that number is then given to the patient's healthcare provider The Savings Program requires that once the patient receives each dose, an explanation of benefits or itemized statement from his or her healthcare provider be sent to the program via fax, mail, or the upload tool. The program fax number is 1-888-257-4673. Once this information is received, the claims department will load funds to the virtual card within 2-3 business days.
Q: Is proof of purchase necessary?
A: Yes. After each dose, you and your patient will receive an explanation of benefits form from your patient's insurance provider. This document will need to be sent to the program to load funds to the patient's virtual debit card. There are 3 ways to send the EOB form: 1. Upload at injectafercopay.com (this is the best way to submit EOBs and manage all patients); 2. Fax to 1-888-257-4673; 3. Mail to Injectafer Savings Program, 100 Passaic Ave, Suite 245, Fairfield, NJ 07004.
Q: What happens if an explanation of benefits is not sent in?
A: The funds will not be available to the patient until this documentation is submitted.
Q: What do I do if my practice cannot process credit or debit cards?
A: In situations where a dispensing entity does not accept debit or credit card payments, the program will provide reimbursement for the patient's eligible out-of-pocket expense in accordance with the program via paper check upon receiving a receipt of the incurred out-of-pocket expense for Injectafer. To do this, you will need a check request form. (The best place to get the form is online at injectafercopay.com or, alternately, by calling 1-866-4-DSI-NOW.) If your office requires a 3-digit security code for processing, please call us at 1-877-448-4766.
Q: What if I administer Injectafer before my patient has enrolled in the Savings Program?
A: Qualified patients receiving Injectafer will be allowed a 60-day retroactive enrollment period to receive benefits under the program rules.
The completion and submission of coverage- or reimbursement-related documentation is the responsibility of the patient and healthcare provider. Daiichi Sankyo, Inc., makes no representation or guarantee concerning coverage or reimbursement for any service or item. A completed form includes signatures from both the physician and the patient. Before submitting, please ensure all required information is provided.